Club Spotlight: DECA

Janet Liu, Staff Writer

Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) meets every Tuesday after school in the Little Theater. DECA prepares emerging high school leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. DECA develops students to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, and experienced leaders. The club advisers are Mr. Hennings and Mrs. Miller, and its co-presidents are Elizabeth Lebci and Luke Schulz.

An upcoming event for DECA is the Holiday Movie Night on December 14. It will take place at 5:30 PM in the Little Theater. This event is for little kids and admission is free. The holiday movie that will be watched is Trolls Holiday movie special. In addition, the event will also have holiday games, bake sale, and raffles. The purpose of the fundraiser is to raise money to pay for DECA competition costs.

Some past events of DECA include Paint for Patients, Zumba, and a car wash. Paint for Patients took place on October 12. The event raised around $2,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Furthermore, Zumba, which took place on November 11, raised around $300 for the same organization. DECA car wash occurred on October 7. This fundraiser made about $250 to help pay for some competition fees.

“DECA is a great club to join for all students, not just students interested in business. It helps to prepare you for the future in so many different ways,” said Mr. Hennings