Club Spotlight: Robotics Club

Mike Villani, Staff Writer

Smithtown’s Mechanical Bulls is Smithtown’s Robotics Club which includes students from both East and West. Robotics Club is just one of the many fantastic hands-on, very involved activities offered to our students.

Within the club there are multiple titles given to members; some  include Co-Presidents Rileigh Dowling and Dylan Ross, Manufacturing Officers Nick Baiata, Ben Levine, Matt Loccisano and Bela Jansen, and last, but not least, the Business Officers including Erica Bublitz, Sam Srungaram, and Jamie Suesser.

Yes, there are a lot of names listed above, and there are a lot more members in the club without titles but one member stated, “Robotics is more than building robots; it’s about building communities and a family.”

Robotics Club meets every Thursday in room 144 and starts at 2:30. They have been all over the place trying to make a names for themselves, and getting more students to join the “family.” They participate in events such as St. James Day, Nesconset Day, and demonstrated their talents at the Long Island Explorium December 1.

Starting January 5 the Mechanical Bulls will be kicking off their build season where they spend six weeks building, finalizing, and competing with their creation. They hope for the schools’ support and would welcome any prospective members.