Senior Banquet Information

Attention seniors! Smithtown East’s annual senior banquet is quickly approaching. The event will be held at Flowerfield Celebrations on Thursday, January 24, 6-10. As per norm, the night will include dinner, dancing, dressing up, and, most importantly, deciding which members of the senior class are the most worthy of votes for particular “superlatives,” or awards.

The superlatives are similar to the ones from past years. They include best dressed, best hair, class clown, most athletic, cutest couple, best friends, class Einstein, and so many more. There are a total of 48 categories, 24 for each gender.

Nomination voting began on Monday, January 14 and will close on Tuesday, January 15. Starting Wednesday, January 16, the nominees will be announced, and senior students can then vote for the winner of each award. The voting portal can be accessed through the Smithtown Central School District website by clicking the drop down for “Parents/Students” and then scrolling to “Student Voting.”

As with every school sponsored event, East’s administration wants to remind students to act appropriately and respectfully. Inappropriate behavior will result in major disciplinary actions, including exclusion for other events senior year offers, such as prom and graduation.

Tickets can be purchased for $85 at designated times and places: Tuesday after school in Room 311 until 2:20, and Wednesday before school in Room 317, during period 4 in the Commons, and after school in Room 315 until 2:45.

Please do not come to Mrs. Philip’s or Mrs. Kaplan’s rooms outside of the designated sale times.